UGA Honey Bee Lab Email Distribution List
- Recent changes to our email lists
- Instructions for subscribing to, unsubscribing from, and changing/updating your subscription
- Peruse our most recent distributions
We have historically managed a formal email list of subscribers to our Georgia Bee Letter through the University's Listserv system. We have also maintained an informal, improvised list of email addresses submitted by people interested in our YHC-UGA Beekeeping Institute. After recently considering why we have two lists, the decision was made to consolidate them in order to better reach everyone interested in our programs and related communications, as well as to simplify the process of administering the databases.
We are very excited that our new, combined list is approaching 2,000 subscribers!
However, we had approximately 200 emails bounce back (returned as "undeliverable") from our most recent distribution. And, as a result, it became necessary to delete them from the database. Certainly, most of these errors were old email addresses that were no longer in use, and such attrition is expected over time. On the other hand, some were potentially good email addresses with issues regarding their SPAM settings/filters; our correspondence fell victim to their intended or inadvertent hypersensitivity.
What can you do? Well, since you ask... ;-)
- If you wish to continue receiving information from the UGA Honey Bee Lab, let us know when you change email addresses (or lose an old address due to inactivity). Follow the instructions below to update your address of record with our UGA Listserv service.
- If you did not receive our most recent email correspondence, yet you have subscribed at some point to one of our databases, please check your email SPAM settings/filters. Perhaps, our messages are ending up in your SPAM folder, or not making it through the security gauntlet at all. With some SPAM filters, you have to manually approve the following email addresses associated with our correspondence: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
From the email account to which you would like us to correspond, send an email to email@example.com with the following, solitary line (except replace "yourfirstname" with your first name, and "yourlastname" with your last name) in the message Body (no Subject line):
subscribe ga-bee-letter yourfirstname yourlastname
From the same email address with which you subscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following, solitary line in the message Body:
To change/update your subscription:
Follow the preceeding instructions to first, unsubscribe from the email address into which you no longer wish to receive our emails. Then, open and subscribe from your new/preferred email address account.
- 14-Mar-2014, YHC-UGA Beekeeping Institute announcement
- 24-Dec-2013, Georgia Bee Letter - Vol. 24 No. 1
Greetings from the Staff of the YHC-UGA Beekeeping Institute!
We're very excited to announce that registration has recently opened for the 2014 Institute, to be held at Young Harris College, Friday and Saturday, May 16 - 17, 2014, with advanced lectures & associated audits/exams for registered Journeymen, Master, Master Craftsmen & Welsh Honey Judge candidates to be held on Thursday, May 15, 2014. Taking place on the beautiful campus of Young Harris College, set in the panoramic Blue Ridge Mountains, the YHC-UGA Bee Institute is a three-day event (see the 2014 Official Program) with separate, but optional (open format), curricula for beginners and more experienced beekeepers, as well as a plethora fun, optional activities.
This year, we are most pleased to offer a very exciting list of guest lecturers and returning staff instructors. And, of course, we're hosting the popular Georgia Master Beekeeper and Welsh Honey Judge programs. Finally, be sure to get your entries ready for the regional Honey Show, in which participation is free to all Institute attendees.
To get involved, simply download the 2014 registration form, fill it out*, and send it in with your check/money order (made out to "U.G.A.") to the address listed on the form.
That's it... it couldn't be easier to enjoy the single most comprehensive opportunity in the Southeast for concentrated training in all aspects of practical beekeeping. We look forward to seeing you there!
* - Some helpful tips on filling out the form: When registering for the "Two-Day" participation level, or the "One-Day - Friday," the Friday night Awards Dinner (shrimp boil/fish fry) is included in your fee. But, we ask that you please RSVP (with an "X" in column [b]) so that we will have a head count. Also, please be sure to read and acknowledge your assent to the Refund Policy by signing the bottom of the form. Thanks. :-)
Season's Greetings from the UGA Honey Bee Lab!
2013 is winding down, but we've recently posted the latest GEORGIA BEE LETTER for your enjoyment and edification.
If the link above does not connect you directly, copy and paste the following address into your browser's navigation window: http://www.caes.uga.edu/departments/ent/bees/georgia-bee.html