UGA Honey Bee Lab Email Distribution List
- Recent changes to our email lists
- Instructions for subscribing to, unsubscribing from, and changing/updating your subscription
- Peruse our most recent distributions
We have historically managed a formal email list of subscribers to our Georgia Bee Letter through the University's Listserv system. We have also maintained an informal list of email addresses submitted by attendees and other people interested in our YHC-UGA Beekeeping Institute. In 2014, we made the decision to consolidate the two lists to improve our communications and simplify the administration of the databases.
As of January 2015, our UGA Listserv has over 1,800 addresses. Yet, understandably, every distribution brings new "bad addresses" to our attention, and we have no alternative other than to delete them. Some of these addresses may no longer exist, but others may only be temporarily full (infrequently checked secondary addresses). If you wish to continue to receive our emails, please keep these ideas in mind:
- Please do not subscribe with an address that you don't regularly check/maintain.
- Let us know when you change email addresses or close your address. Follow the instructions below to update your address of record with our UGA Listserv service.
- If you previously subscribed, yet are no longer receiving our correspondence, please check your email SPAM settings/filters. Perhaps, our messages are ending up in your SPAM folder, or not making it through some new security measures imposed by your email service provider. With some SPAM filters, you have to manually approve the following email address to receive our correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org
From the email account to which you would like us to correspond, send an email to email@example.com with the following, solitary line (except replace "yourfirstname" with your first name, and "yourlastname" with your last name) in the message Body (no Subject line):
subscribe ga-bee-letter yourfirstname yourlastname
From the same email address with which you subscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following, solitary line in the message Body (not the Subject line!):
To change/update your subscription:
Follow the preceding instructions to first, unsubscribe from the email address into which you no longer wish to receive our emails. Then, open and subscribe from your new/preferred email address account.
- Nov-2014, Georgia Bee Letter - Vol. 25, No. 1
- 14-Mar-2014, YHC-UGA Beekeeping Institute announcement
- Dec-2013, Georgia Bee Letter - Vol. 24, No. 1
Greetings from the Staff of the YHC-UGA Beekeeping Institute!
We're very excited to announce that registration has recently opened for the 2014 Institute, to be held at Young Harris College, Friday and Saturday, May 16 - 17, 2014, with advanced lectures & associated audits/exams for registered Journeymen, Master, Master Craftsmen & Welsh Honey Judge candidates to be held on Thursday, May 15, 2014. Taking place on the beautiful campus of Young Harris College, set in the panoramic Blue Ridge Mountains, the YHC-UGA Bee Institute is a three-day event (see the 2014 Official Program) with separate, but optional (open format), curricula for beginners and more experienced beekeepers, as well as a plethora fun, optional activities.
This year, we are most pleased to offer a very exciting list of guest lecturers and returning staff instructors. And, of course, we're hosting the popular Georgia Master Beekeeper and Welsh Honey Judge programs. Finally, be sure to get your entries ready for the regional Honey Show, in which participation is free to all Institute attendees.
To get involved, simply download the 2014 registration form, fill it out*, and send it in with your check/money order (made out to "U.G.A.") to the address listed on the form.
That's it... it couldn't be easier to enjoy the single most comprehensive opportunity in the Southeast for concentrated training in all aspects of practical beekeeping. We look forward to seeing you there!
* - Some helpful tips on filling out the form: When registering for the "Two-Day" participation level, or the "One-Day - Friday," the Friday night Awards Dinner (shrimp boil/fish fry) is included in your fee. But, we ask that you please RSVP (with an "X" in column [b]) so that we will have a head count. Also, please be sure to read and acknowledge your assent to the Refund Policy by signing the bottom of the form. Thanks. :-)