A Complete Listings of Publications
Publications by Subject:
Honey Bee Biology
1. Drone production by young versus old worker honeybees in queenless colonies.
2. Effect of queenlessness on worker survival, honey gain, and defence behaviour in honeybees.
25. Hygienic behavior of Cape and European Apis mellifera (Hymenoptera: Apidae) toward Aethina tumida (Coleoptera: Nitidulidae) eggs oviposited in sealed bee brood.
36. Individual forager profits in Apis mellifera unaffected by a range of colony Varroa destructor densities.
44. The Coloss Bee Book Part 1: Standard methods for estimating strength parameters of Apis mellifera colonies
46. Inorganic nitrogen derived from foraging honey bees could have adaptive benefits for the plants they visit.
49. Distinguishing between feral and managed honey bees using stable carbon isotopes.
3. A re-examination of double grafting.
9. Effects of the slatted rack on brood production and its distribution in the brood nest.
13. Effects of top- versus bottom-supering on honey yield.
14. A technical and economic evaluation of beekeeping in Albania.
15. Effects of comb age on honey bee colony growth and brood survivorship.
48. Field-Level Sublethal Effects of Approved Bee Hive Chemicals on Honey Bees.
7. Bee foragers and their pollen loads in south Georgia rabbiteye blueberry.
20. Honey bee (Hymenoptera: Apidae) pollination of rabbiteye blueberry Vaccinium ashei var. 'Climax' is pollinator density-dependent.
24. Nectar-robbing carpenter bees reduce seed-setting capability of honey bees (Hymenoptera: Apidae) in rabbiteye blueberry Vaccinium ashei, 'Climax.'
26. Effectiveness of honey bees in delivering the biocontrol agent Bacillus subtilis to blueberry flowers to suppress mummy berry disease.
27. Net energetic advantage drives honey bees (Apis mellifera L) to nectar larceny in rabbiteye blueberry (Vaccinium ashei Reade).
28. Effect of flower-applied Serenade biofungicide (Bacillus subtilis) on pollination-related variables in rabbiteye blueberry.
32. Effects of nest invaders on honey bee (Apis mellifera) pollination efficacy.
35. An evaluation of Fruit-Boost™ as an aid for honey bee pollination under conditions of competing bloom.
42. Back to the Future: Apis vs. Non-Apis Pollination.
50. Nectar Minerals as Regulators of Flower Visitation in Stingless Bees and Nectar Hoarding Wasps.
Infections, Infestations & Disorders - Mites
4. Survey of miticide use in Georgia honey bee hives.
5. Controlling tracheal mites (Acari: Tarsonemidae) in colonies of honey bees (Hymenoptera: Apidae) with vegetable oil and menthol.
6. Effects of Terramycin™ antibiotic and Apistan™ acaricide on colonies of honey bees (Hymenoptera: Apidae) infested by Varroa jacobsoni Oudemans (Parasitiformes: Varroidae).
8. Effects of delayed acaricide treatment in honey bee colonies parasitized by Varroa jacobsoni and a late-season treatment threshold for the south-eastern USA.
10. Economic threshold for Varroa jacobsoni in the southeastern USA.
16. A scientific note on Apis mellifera brood attractiveness to Varroa destructor as affected by the chemotherapeutic history of the brood.
17. Efficacy of a bottom screen device, ApistanJ , and ApilifeVARJ in controlling Varroa destructor.
29. Integrated pest management against Varroa destructor reduces colony mite levels and delays economic threshold.
37. Small-cell comb foundation does not impede Varroa mite population growth in honey bee colonies.
41. A test for interactions between Varroa destructor (Acari: Varroidae) and Aethina tumida (Coleoptera: Nitidulidae) in colonies of honey bees (Hymenoptera: Apidae).
45. The Coloss Bee Book Part 1: Standard methods for varroa research.
47. Revisiting powdered sugar for varroa control on honey bees (Apis mellifera L).
Infections, Infestations & Disorders - Small Hive Beetle
11. Field control and biology studies of a new pest species, Aethina tumida Murray (Coleoptera: Nitidulidae), attacking European honey bees in the Western Hemisphere.
18. Controlling small hive beetles (Aethina tumida Murray) in honey bee (Apis mellifera) colonies using a modified hive entrance.
19. A scientific note on small hive beetle (Aethina tumida Murray) weight, gross biometry, and sex proportion at three locations in the southeastern United States.
21. The effects of adult small hive beetles, Aethina tumida (Coleoptera: Nitidulidae), on nests and foraging activity of Cape and European honey bees (Apis mellifera).
22. A scientific note on small hive beetle (Aethina tumida Murray) oviposition and behavior during honey bee (Apis mellifera) winter clusters and absconding events.
23. Efficacy of modified hive entrances and a bottom screen device for controlling Aethina tumida (Coleoptera: Nitidulidae) infestations in Apis mellifera (Hymenoptera: Apidae) colonies.
30. The effects of habitat type, ApilifeVAR™, and screened bottom boards on small hive beetle (Aethina tumida) entry into honey bee (Apis mellifera) colonies.
31. The effects of three acaricides on the developmental biology of small hive beetles (Aethina tumida).
33. The association of multiple sap beetle species (Coleoptera: Nitidulidae) with western honey bee (Apis mellifera) colonies in North America.
34. Small hive beetle (Aethina tumida) oviposition behaviour in sealed brood cells with notes on the removal of the cell contents by European honey bees (Apis mellifera).
38. Susceptibility of Aethina tumida (Coleoptera: Nitidulidae) Larvae and Pupae to Entomopathogenic Nematodes.
Infections, Infestations & Disorders - Other
12. Effects of hygienic queens, comb age, and colony microclimate on expression of chalkbrood disease symptoms.
39. Coordinated responses to honey bee decline in the USA.
40. Colony Collapse Disorder in context.
43. The Bee Informed Partnership: Using Beekeeper's Real-World Experience to Solve Beekeepers' Real-World Problems.