Entomology Masters Student
Krishna B. Bhandari (CV)
Graduate Research Assistant
Address: Department of Entomology
Masters of Science in Entomology: Department of Entomology, The University of Georgia:
January, 2012 to present
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture: Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science (IAAS), Rampur Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepal: 1998-2002
My research focuses on the insecticides resistance monitoring for Diamondback Moth in cabbage and collard and Whitefly in squash and watermelon. Currently under the tutelage of Dr. David G. Riley, I am studying the level of insecticide resistance if any in Diamondback Moth to a new class of insecticide, diamide, compared to traditional insecticides in Georgia.
Project Officer-Agriculture: Practical Action Nepal (UK based International Non Government Organization working in Nepal since 1979)., Nepalgunj, Nepal.
January 25, 2010 –October 31, 2011
Food Sovereignty Officer : United Mission To Nepal (UMN): UK based International Non- Government Organization (INGO) working in Nepal since 1954., Mugu, Nepal
May 23, 2007 –February 08, 2010
Field Coordinator: Environment, Culture, Agriculture, Research and Development Society –Nepal : Nepal based National NGO. Dhading, Nepal. March, 2005-May, 2007
Technical Assistant in Internship: Helvetas-Nepal: A Switzerland based International Non- Government Organization (INGO) working in Nepal since 1953. Kathmandu, Nepal March 01, 2004- February 29, 2005
Research Assistant: Outreach Research Division / Nepal Agriculture Research Council (NARC) . Lalitpur, Nepal. January –February, 2004
Training & Conference
- Result Based Management (RBM) training , 2011, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) &Practical Action Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Participatory Market Mapping (PMM) Workshop, 2010, Practical Action Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal
- International Conference on Water and Democracy, 2009, Hyderabad, India
- General Training of Trainers, 2008, Bhaktapur, Nepal
- Right to Food Training, 2007, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Integrated Plant Nutrient Management System, 2004, Directorate of Soil management(DoSM) / Government of Nepal
- Participatory Rural Appraisal , Rapid Market Appraisal & Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Training, 2002, Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science, Nepal
- Social Mobilization and Community Development, (30 days), 2002, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)/ Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science, Nepal
- Project Concept Note(PCN), Full Proposal Writing Training, 2002, Chitwan,
Annual Progress Report Presentations
Bhandari, K. B. Annual progress report and annual work plan of Food Security project, Annual Review and Planning Meeting, Practical Action Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal. April 2011
Bhandari, K. B. Quarterly progress report and work plan presentation of Food Security (HELP-FS) project, Quarterly Review and Planning meeting, Practical Action Nepal, Nepalgunj, Nepal. October 2010
Bhandari, K. B. Quarterly progress report and annual work plan of Food Security project. Country Strategy Review and Annual Work Plan, Practical Action Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal. April 2010
Bhandari, K. B. Community Managed Irrigation System in Nepal, International Conference on Water and Democracy, Hyderabad, India. December, 2009
Bhandari, K. B. Annual program review, Food security program, United Mission To Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal. October, 2009.
Bhandari, K. B. Annual program review of Sustainable Soil Management Program and Integrated Pest Management Program, Annual Program Review and Planning Meeting, ECARDS-Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal. March, 2006.
David G Riley